NPAudio - Sony WM1A/Z EXPMv3
Please note: WM1A/Z not included, you will need to send yours in to be modified. We sometimes have a stock of like new WM1A so it's worth asking if you don't already have one.
Product currently not available
NPAudio Sony WM1Z EXPMv3 (Extreme Performance Mod v3)
Please visit - npaudio.boards.net to see the latest on mods and feedback.
Double thickness copper shielding / grounding over the amplifier section. (Stock WM1A/Z is plastic)
- 3.5mm Single Ended cables upgraded with Neotech Flat 7N OCC copper cable.
- Neotech Flat 7N OCC copper to a new Pentaconn 4.4mm
- 20 AWG 7N OCC Solid Copper (ground return)
- Both 3.5mm and 4.4mm outputs powered directly from the inductors
- Relay removal, bypass and *board precision cut to allow for larger caps
- Single Ended caps upgraded to Audio Note Standard
- *Larger balanced out Audio Notes bicapped with Kemet KO caps.
- Twin Supercharged! An additional SuperCap installed
- The very best Audio Note Kaisei and Audio Note Standard caps (16 Caps replaced + 4 Kemet KO) The main power cap is 10 times the physical size of the stock cap, *balanced out caps are 12 times larger and the others 3 to 4 times.
- SS47 Solder (Contains 4.7% Silver)
- Custom Laser cut copper full back plate for better shielding and grounding.
- Internal - Relocation of Bluetooth Antenna
- 4000 mah Battery (over double the stock 1860mah Battery) to achieve upto 58 hours playback
- A custom Audio Note version MrWalkman ONE firmware
- An NPAudio custom app for setting the region of your choice. Includes chart explaining the sound signature of each region.
Circuit board cut, power cap installed.
Single Ended caps upgraded also.
Shielding cut to accommodate an extra Supercap.
Bluetooth antenna moved to the screen side.
Neotech 7N OCC Flat cable.
Extra lasercut copper shielding over the amplifier area
Laser cut copper backplate.
Back is slightly raised compared to stock.