NPAudio - WM1A/Z EXPMv4 (Balanced Only) Upgrade
Please note: WM1A/Z not included, you will need to send yours in to be modified.
Delivery time: 12 working days
Product currently not available
WM1A/Z EXPMv4 (Extreme Performance Mod v4)
Please visit - npaudio.boards.net to see the latest on mods and feedback.
Please Note: No single ended amp used on this one, the 3.5mm out can be a 3.5mm 4 pole balanced, 2.5mm 4 pole balanced, a single ended 3.5mm obtained from the balanced amp section, or small stubby bluetooth antenna to increase range and strength.
The Extreme Performance Mod v4 includes:
- 3.5mm is now a 4 pole balanced out and upgraded with Neotech 7N OCC Solid Copper)
- Neotech 7N OCC Solid Copper to a new Pentaconn 4.4mm
- 20 AWG 7N OCC Solid Copper (ground return and main power cap)
- Both 3.5mm and 4.4mm outputs powered directly from the balanced inductors
- Relay removal, bypass and *board cut to allow for larger caps
- *Larger balanced out Audio Notes bicapped with Kemet ultra low ESR High Polymer caps.
- Twin Supercharged! An additional SuperCap installed.
- The very best Audio Note Kaisei and Audio Note Standard caps (16 Caps replaced + 8 Additional)
- SS47 Solder (Contains Silver)
- Custom Laser cut copper full back plate for better shielding, grounding and higher clearance for larger caps.
- Internal - Relocation of Bluetooth Antenna
- 4000 mah Battery (over double the stock 1860mah Battery) to achieve upto 50 hours playback
- A custom Audio Note logo and text will appear in MrWalkmans One Firmware
- A region tool/chart explaining the sound signature of each region
Circuit board cut, power cap installed.
Bluetooth antenna moved to the screen side.
Neotech 7N OCC Flat cable.
Laser cut copper backplate.
Back is slightly raised compared to stock.
Note: Price is for the modification only, you will need to send your WM1A/Z to NPAudio.